Monday, November 9, 2009

Cover Inspiration and Progress

Back to my minor tasks. I have been working at length on my dvd cover and advert. I have made them similar in style so that it looks like they were produced by the same company. One of them in black, one in white, to give them the contrast but still make them the same style. This relates back to the way I wanted them to be minimalistic. I like the way they are looking.

After getting to go ahead to re submit my coursework I restarted working on my DVD cover.


This was my original submission. As you can see it is not comprehensive at all, there is only one page with no blurb. However I do like the font of the band and tour names. I also like the picture of the pen and the sword.
This is what I have done so far for my re submission. As you can see It is a bit more comprehensive than my original. I've encorporated the pictures more this time and added a picture of the band. I've also added a description of the tour, I was thinking of adding some short review statements from music magazines and newspapers.


This is pretty much my final piece. I added a background image to really get a full feel. I will post up some of the images which I tried to use as a background image. As you can see I kept the pen and sword picture and the band photo. I added some spine wording to give it the look of a dvd. I also added a blurb and tracklisting. The DVD logos and age ratings were added very last to actually make it look like a DVD cover.

Because artists very rarely release tours on DVD it was quite hard for me to find inspiration for the cover. Here are some that I could find though.

No comments:

Post a Comment