Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Media technologies and their use in the stages of my productions.

Adobe InDesign
I used quite a few techniques and effects in the construction of my DVD cover and DVD advert. Obviously my cover took more time to construct than my advert, I used a few similar techniques though.



Isolate Blending - This makes titles that I made from 'Dafont.com' lose their backgrounds so they can look like they are part of a picture.










Send Backwards - I used this to layer my images. If a new image was placed onto the dashboard I would have to 'arrange' it so it was covering up a flaw in a picture or where I wanted it to be placed.





Fit content to frame - This very handy when trying to fit content to the size you dragged an image. For example the picture with the band members on was originally over 1200 pixels by 800 in size so that has to be made smaller to be practical. When the border is dragged smaller, the image size stays the same, so I used this technique to make the image the same size as the frame.
Of course I used text boxes and titles aswell, but they are not as complex as those other three.

No comments:

Post a Comment